Featured Post

Jewelry and Inspiration

What is the most fun about designing jewelry?  Playing!! I get the most from spending time playing, not producing, filling orders, or even...

What's New?

What's New?
A little press...

Friday, July 29, 2016

The importance of Social Media Feed?

So as a business owner, and as a jewelry designer, I spend a lot of time reading about how to increase traffic, to my site, to my IG, to my show schedule, etc.  And I have to tell you there is a lot of information out there.  Everyone is doing everything for "free", giving you all the secrets, telling you everything they have learned, and it is pretty amazing.

But I have to tell you, my pieces are on Etsy, Amazon Handmade, and I feel that my descriptions are telling, my pictures are professional, and I still don't get the traffic that some sites do.  I have a theory on why, I think there are some businesses just through the nature of their price points, are going to receive more attention from the Etsy and Amazon Handmade sites.  

Now, I also think though that their are those that have done such a good job on their social feeds, that they are driving business to their shops.  I follow so many jewelry designers, and there are some whose feeds make me want to go out and buy all their pieces.

I think ultimately that is what appeals to us, not the words, but the visual.  It feeds on our desire to have/be surrounded by beautiful things.  It's human nature. 

No comments: