Featured Post

Jewelry and Inspiration

What is the most fun about designing jewelry?  Playing!! I get the most from spending time playing, not producing, filling orders, or even...

What's New?

What's New?
A little press...

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Jewelry and Inspiration

What is the most fun about designing jewelry?  Playing!!

I get the most from spending time playing, not producing, filling orders, or even blogging, but playing.  It's amazing the ideas that come and the different possibilities that arise from just playing.  I play size, textures, metals, stones, different melting of metals, design, and whatever else I can play with.

I happen to find that this is the best part of designing.  As a one woman team, I don't get a lot of time to play.  You probably don't know this, but I blog at 6am in the morning, it is the only time I can.  The rest of the day is a whirlwind of calls, emails, orders, filling, shipping, oh and I have a 2 year old.  So I likely work maybe an hour a day and the rest is about him LOL

So the other day, I don't know how it happened, it must have been his nap, and I must have said fuck it to all the above, but I played.  And I came up with a few new ideas and love some of the pieces.

In addition I took my son to the bookstore the other day, he loves books.  And although it was for him, I was able to throw in 2 minutes to look at jewelry books for me.  And yes I bought a great book for metalsmiths.  I often do this, not for the techniques, although I always learn about new product, new ways of doing things, but for the pictures, the gallery and all the amazing inspiration!!
So I challenge you to step out, play, even if that means just going to the bookstore.

#bookstore #inspiration #jewelry #play #design #jewelrydesigner #rosegilleydesigns

No comments: