Featured Post

Jewelry and Inspiration

What is the most fun about designing jewelry?  Playing!! I get the most from spending time playing, not producing, filling orders, or even...

What's New?

What's New?
A little press...

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Summertime and A Special Vacation

I have been fortunate to take off the last couple of weeks and spend time with my boy.  Of all the things in my life that I would like to do, spending time with him is number 1, by far! 

Several months ago I decided that I wanted to do something special with him during our time off.  I was thinking maybe a day trip to a theme park, something within an hour or two but somehow I was led to LEGOLAND.  Now, this is not a place I ever heard of growing up.  To be honest, until a couple of years ago, when neighbors of mine mentioned it, it never crossed my radar. 

So after much, much, much research, including, rides, height to go on rides, age restrictions, and of course in general toddler interest, I decided on LEGOLAND. Now, LEGOLAND is not in San Diego, it is in a small town outside of San Diego, called Carlsbad.  We stayed at a hotel right up the hill from LEGOLAND, we had our own private entrance.  The hotel was also 2 miles from the beach, a straight drive down the hill and you are there. 

Overall we had an amazing time!!!  The rides were fabulous, the Coastasauras I believe was both our favorites, but my son also really loved the cars ride, and he now has 15 drivers licenses.  There was a water park, which was amazing, giant slides, pools, lazy river, honestly exceeded my expectations. 

Overall it was amazing.  We went to the park everyday, once to the ocean, we spent evenings swimming in the heated pool, had late movie nights and room service. We ate ice cream or a popsicle of some sort every day (you must know my son loves these 2 things), and we just had an amazing time! 

There are no words to explain how happy I was to see him happy on this trip.  It was truly a blessing.  I now know how my dad felt when he did these types of things with me. As the parent you get so excited for your child and just want them to love it and fully take it in, and when they do, its the best feeling in the world.

#parenthood #momlife #momboss #LEGOLAND #Carlsbad #California #SanDiego #ocean








No comments: