Featured Post

Jewelry and Inspiration

What is the most fun about designing jewelry?  Playing!! I get the most from spending time playing, not producing, filling orders, or even...

What's New?

What's New?
A little press...

Friday, February 5, 2016

Tucson Today and Jewelry

So today is my normal day to fly to Tucson, every year for over a decade.  Right now I would be at the airport, my flight would leave within the next 30 minutes. I would be in Tucson by 1030, grab my car, and off to the Holidome, from there I would go to JOGS or maybe some of the road places along the way (there are so many venues).  Then off to AGTA to purchase some refined stones, cabs, etc.  Then maybe to some of the other venues, then back to Holidome, because I always forget something, and then back to the plane by 730 and home by 11.

Yes that is crazy!  But I have done that many, many years.  But there have also been the years that I have left today, same flight, landed same time, and then stayed for days, taking my time, exploring, figuring out new stones, ideas, sketching and just taking it all in.

Why not this year, I can't answer that.  I don't know what happened, it's like I didn't know it was coming.  I think I was too busy thinking about shows, where I was going to be at for wholesale, and creating pieces for that.  Clearly I have lost my mind!!!

So I am planning September, and I will make it.  Regardless. Next February I will also be in Tucson, 3 days, with my little one, so that will be interesting.  By the way, JOGS doesn't allow kids inside, just in case you were wondering where kids can go.  They can go everywhere,  but JOGS show. 

#jewelry #Tucson #gemshow #holidome #AGTA #Designer

No comments: