Featured Post

Jewelry and Inspiration

What is the most fun about designing jewelry?  Playing!! I get the most from spending time playing, not producing, filling orders, or even...

What's New?

What's New?
A little press...

Monday, February 29, 2016

In Memory of my Dad

It has been 7 years since my dad passed away and it feels like yesterday.  Yesterday, in fact, was the day that I had found him gone, asleep, and that was it.  I am not found of February 28th at all.  It happens to create so much anxiety for me.  The month itself, the days leading up to it, and just the thought of it. 

This past 1/2 week I was in Humboldt County, where I am from, and specifically Trinidad Beach where my dads ashes are spread.  It was an amazing trip and I felt very relaxed, enjoying my son, the beach, the waves, and really feeling present.  It was a great way to pay my dad respect and celebrate his life.

When I returned Saturday I had received an invitation, late one, but still an invite, to a baby shower for yesterday, yes, February 28th.  I normally wouldn't spend the day celebrating, I would stay home, relax, and just be with my family.  But I decided to go.

Little did I know that I would spend the day with the most amazing group of women.  A group that is very close, but all family.  They were fun to be with, they laughed with each other, had great history, there were multiple generations, and just honestly made you feel like you were part of it. 

I am so thankful for that experience yesterday.  I walked away thanking them for allowing me to be part of their family for the day.  Such a blessing.  They come in so many ways. 

No comments: