Featured Post

Jewelry and Inspiration

What is the most fun about designing jewelry?  Playing!! I get the most from spending time playing, not producing, filling orders, or even...

What's New?

What's New?
A little press...

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Jewelry World

I recently read a book, I read books other than this one, but this is the one I am focusing on, and it talked about how there is room for all of us in this industry, or really any industry.  And it was truly right on.

With technology and access to so much now, things have changed.  The way we go about business has changed, what we need to do is not just have a great product but you have to inspire, you need to drive home a feel, an experience through your pieces.  That can be easy at times, at other times you can get lost in over thinking it all. 

For instance on Instagram, you can find every jewelry design that is out there, the looks, the designs, the culture of the product, the lifestyle that goes with the jewelry, is all different in and of itself, but there are some similarities. 

I often have people say, oh I have seen pieces "like" your pieces at.. .... And when I see the pieces I find that they are not anything like mine.  They are often different for a list of reasons, but most often because every piece I make is handmade by me.  So there are NO 2 alike.  And the differences add an element of specialty that isn't often there.  But I can still see how someone would see some similarities, but I also find that person isn't my client. 

My client sees the uniqueness in my designs, in each hammer, in each stone hand chosen, wire wrapped, each link that I create, etc.  That is my client.  When they wear my pieces they feel special and know that it was made with them in mind. 

So back to the book.  There is a place for all of us in all industries, because none of us are the same.

#jewelry #Instagram #girlboss #rosegilleydesigns #boutique #Etsy #handmade

No comments: