Featured Post

Jewelry and Inspiration

What is the most fun about designing jewelry?  Playing!! I get the most from spending time playing, not producing, filling orders, or even...

What's New?

What's New?
A little press...

Friday, March 11, 2016

Jewelry and Social Media

I must belong to 1000 different groups online.  From Jewelry specific to women in business to Whiskey and Wine.  It in some ways is overwhelming.  In other ways it can be enlightening.  I have had great conversations with other women business owners to discuss our goals, how we structure our days, who we use for vendors, where we go for marketing and lots of other discussions.  And then sometimes it can be very overwhelming.

My objective is always to grow my business.  I have read a book about "Saying Yes" and in many ways I follow that motto.  I say yes to most things that are brought to me, within reason.  I clearly don't have a huge bankroll.  If I did my business would be at a whole other level, because money talks, but I will save that for another day.  But for the most part I say "yes". 

But with social media, there is this great community of people trying to figure it out.  Some have it done, others are still working towards it.  For me, it sometimes reminds me of all the work I haven't done yet.  Everything I thought I would have done by now, and that I still have a long way to go.

Now I understand many people would look at some of the things that have happened for me and say, yes you have done this, this and this.  And I agree, and understand.  But if you look at your goals, ie business plan, where is it you expect to be in your business, $$$?  What did you say would happen within 3,5,10 years out.  That for me, is the ultimate goal.

So when it comes to social media, it does wonders for my thought process, sometimes I find I get on a soapbox depending on the topic and what I have to contribute, sometimes I just read everything and don't make a peep.  Usually because I am thinking, OH I HAVE TO DO THAT!!!  But regardless what matters is that we remember our own paths.  Our own creations are important and all the other stuff, will come, in time.

#smallbusiness #socialmedia #jewelry #owningit #makingithappen #rosegilleydesigns

No comments: