Featured Post

Jewelry and Inspiration

What is the most fun about designing jewelry?  Playing!! I get the most from spending time playing, not producing, filling orders, or even...

What's New?

What's New?
A little press...

Monday, October 17, 2016

Everybody's Doing It.....Jewelry that is

Is there anyone who is not "making" jewelry today?  I mean every time I turn around someone famous has decided to make/design jewelry.  It's something they always wanted to do, according to them.  I often wonder how long "always" is?

I have been making/designing jewelry for over a decade.  Since my mid 20's to be exact.  I have done it day and night, I have worked hard to figure out how to self teach myself, how to design, how to create, how to start a business, how to do shows, what shows to do, which ones don't work for me.  It has been a long, tiring, inspiring, fabulous adventure. 

Now, the thing I have learned is that there is room for all of us in the jewelry world.  I do believe that.  But what I also believe is that there is something to be said for the designer who has been creating, and forging forward in an industry that is overwhelmed with people.  Look at Etsy, there are more designers than we can count.  It is almost impossible to be found on Etsy if you are "newish", "smallish", or your prices reflect the actual cost of handcrafting pieces.

Well with all that said, what I want to say is that, it is all inspiring, there is a place for it all.  I read a quote recently that said something to the effect of, "just because you aren't there today, doesn't mean you won't be tomorrow". 

True. 

Hello Tomorrow!

#Etsy #jewelry #jotd #ootd #business #smallbusiness #shows


No comments: