Featured Post

Jewelry and Inspiration

What is the most fun about designing jewelry?  Playing!! I get the most from spending time playing, not producing, filling orders, or even...

What's New?

What's New?
A little press...

Monday, June 8, 2015

Running...In the Morning?

I used to get up every morning around 430/5 and run.  I loved it!  Ask anyone who knew me then and they knew that was what I did.  Then I had my little one.

Now I ran every morning until I was 7 months pregnant, then I switched to the elliptical trainer.  It was a hard switch but I made it.  After my little one was born, I had a C-section, I had to take 2 weeks off, then another 4 before I could run.  Then my running became a whole new game...running with a jogger.

Yes, it can be done.  And turns out it is a great way to get into shape.  5 months after my LO, I ran my first 1/2 half marathon post baby and did good.  Not as well as I had done the many years prior, but my body had been through a baby, so I had to give myself a break.  And since then I have run 5 more.  This last time with my best personal time: 7:51 min mile.  I was in heaven.

But what I have found is that being a mom, parent, there are stages.  I am now back to running in the mornings early, 445/5, once or twice a week and I enjoy it.  But there is a part of me that missed pushing my LO on those days.  It is good for me to run with friends and get out, but my life, though different, is so much richer now, pushing that wonderful jogger!!!

No comments: