Featured Post

Jewelry and Inspiration

What is the most fun about designing jewelry?  Playing!! I get the most from spending time playing, not producing, filling orders, or even...

What's New?

What's New?
A little press...

Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween, or is it Happy Holidays?!

I am a fanatic about the holidays.  I love them!  Now I am not one of those who goes all out decorating, or spends her time in the kitchen baking for everyone, but I just love the "feel" of the holidays.

You won't find me out shopping the day after Thanksgiving, or shopping the day after Christmas in the malls, but you will find me snuggled up by a fire.  Or enjoying a crisp cool morning or evening.  There is something about the air, it smells different, it feels different.

The ground covered in leaves, rain, and the fog settling in around the valley is spectacular.  Now my thing is Holiday music though.  I listen to it starting in October.  Yes, I can't help myself.  I love it!  It makes me smile, makes me think of earlier times in my life, it makes me think about my dad who has been gone now for 7 and a half years, my grandma's who have been gone for many years, and my childhood that has also been gone, for many years (if you didn't know, lol).

I asked my son the other day, "Do you like Christmas music?" and he looked at me and said "Yes, mommy!" and that was enough for me, and honestly all that matters to me.  That he is happy.  So really what do the holidays mean for me?  They mean its another season that I get to share with my son, that I get to watch him change and grow and explore, it is another time of joy for he and I.

#luckymom #momlife #momboss #girlboss #blogger #blogging #jewelry

Christmas 2014

No comments: