Featured Post

Jewelry and Inspiration

What is the most fun about designing jewelry?  Playing!! I get the most from spending time playing, not producing, filling orders, or even...

What's New?

What's New?
A little press...

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Its the Holiday Season

So here I am months later writing a post.  It seems like such hard work until I sit down.  It really is easy.

It's the holiday season and I struggle always what to get for friends.  Now what I want them to have and what they want to have may be two very different things.  But for some reason I always want to give jewelry.

Let's be honest, I want to give jewelry all the time.  I guess maybe because I design jewelry, or have an affinity for it.  Whatever the case may be, it isn't likely that people want to receive my jewelry all the time.  Well I can say that my friends always say they want my jewelry, but I have just one main aesthetic and I can assure you it can get old if all your pieces look the same.

I have a friend who always posts #YOLO in her texts.  She has been doing this for a year. At first I thought she went over the deep end.  Not the first time.  Then I asked her what it meant and she said, You Only Live Once.  That is her phrase.  I know its everywhere, but truly it is her phrase.

So for Christmas instead of doing what I could have done.  I went on to Etsy, yes I have a shop there too, and found a small business who was making gold filled lettered charm necklaces and I ordered her #YOLO necklace. 

In some ways I feel like I am giving a gift to my friend, but also to the small business.  Small businesses need a helping hand.  This is a great time to do that!!!

Just a few of my favorites on Etsy!!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoseGilleyDesigns?ref=si_shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BethDaiglePhotograph?ref=listing-shop-header-item-count

https://www.etsy.com/shop/fluxproductions?ref=listing-shop-header-item-count

https://www.etsy.com/shop/tinahdee?ref=listing-shop-header-item-count

No comments: