Featured Post

Jewelry and Inspiration

What is the most fun about designing jewelry?  Playing!! I get the most from spending time playing, not producing, filling orders, or even...

What's New?

What's New?
A little press...

Monday, July 7, 2014

A New Pair of Shoes

I think I mentioned I am a mom.  I love it!  It's great.  But there are times when I think oh how nice it would be to be able to.....

So a friend recently said to me, don't be a victim of your own life.  She was right.  Sometimes I find myself in that staring out there phase thinking, oh I would love to this or that.

One of the things I enjoy the most, and I know I have mentioned this before, is running.  I love to run.  Walk out the door in any city and you can see the sites, take in the air, and make note of the sky just through a run.

So I make sure everyday I get out and run.  Sometimes for 20 minutes, sometimes for an hour and a half, but I love it.  I bring my little bugger with me, and he loves it too.  He has been running with me since he was 2 weeks old, so he is pretty used to it. 

Now with the obligations of a mom, come the tightening of the belt.  I love to run, and I have run my shoes into the ground.  So this weekend, as a little splurge, I said, I want new shoes.  And I found my way to a pair of Nike runners.  So happy, me, my feet, my mind.  It's amazing the little things that make us happy.

So off to the first trail run I have ever done at the end of this month, then to the Vegas Rock n Roll run and who knows where else.  But regardless of where my runs and my shoes take me, I will be sure to not be a victim to my life.

No comments: